Major Improvements To Insurance Availability For Not-For-Profit Community Organisations
The Municipal Association of Victoria through its insurance broker Jardine Lloyd Thompson P/L (JLT), has negotiated the inclusion of Victorian Not-for-Profit groups within a new national community insurance facility, known as Local Community Insurance Services (LCIS).
The Local Community Insurance Services (LCIS) a specialist insurance provider, was established to manage the insurance needs of clubs and community groups within Australia. LCIS is a division of JLT who have been actively providing insurance solutions to clubs and volunteer based community groups since 1987.
All clubs and community groups need insurance of some kind and the LCIS facility offers the Not-for-Profit sector a broader eligibility criteria to enable many more Not-for-Profit groups to benefit from its low cost insurance cover and attractive terms and conditions via a strategic alliance with one of Australia’s leading insurers, QBE Insurance. JLT have been working closely with both Local and State Governments to ensure that the insurances offered by LCIS meet the requirements of both these spheres of Government.
In order to be eligible for the LCIS facility the groups need to have the following characteristics:
- Provide services to the broader community
- Have a turnover/funding of up to $5 million per annum
- Do not distribute profits to members
- Consist mainly of volunteers.
- Provide a public benefit or serve a charitable purpose
Examples of the type of groups eligible for cover includes:
- Senior Citizens Groups,
- Community Park Committees,
- Amateur Sporting Groups,
- Social Clubs,
- Resident and Progress Associations,
- Arts Groups and Galleries,
- Fundraising Groups,
- Hall Management Committees,
- Visitor Information Services,
- Mutual Help and Support Groups,
- Theatrical and Dance Groups,
- Community and Neighborhood Houses,
- Music Tuition Groups,
- Street Parade Organising Committees,
- Community Recreation Centers,
- Animal Clubs,
- Community Concert Bands,
- Craft Groups and Fairs,
- Youth Development Programs,
- Literacy Groups,
- Resource and Landcare Groups
This site is to provide insurance information and premium costs directly to not for profit clubs and community groups. Quotations are not to be accessed and resold by insurance advisers or other insurance intermediaries.